Haverford was one of 24 institutions in the United States, Canada, and Germany which participated in a 2021 study of streaming media use for teaching and learning. Administered by Ithaka S+R, the non-profit organization behind JSTOR, the study sought to answer five research questions:
• How are academic libraries licensing streaming media?
• How do libraries monitor and assess the impact of the streaming media they provide?
• How are library users’ practices, perspectives, and needs relating to streaming media, and their libraries’ role in providing access to streaming media, evolving?
• What realistic pricing model should libraries seek in addressing the needs of their users and their resources?
• How can libraries effectively negotiate better terms with streaming media providers?
Read the report on the survey results, Streaming Media Licensing and Purchasing Practices at Academic Libraries