In February 2017 librarians administered a survey among Haverford students and faculty to measure book use broadly. The subsequent report synthesizes the results of this survey, which was motivated by the following questions:
● How satisfied are students and faculty using library-supplied e-books?
● Under what conditions do students and faculty prefer print over e-books, and vice versa?
● What relationship exists between where one conducts research and book format use?
● How do format preferences relate to one’s major/department?
● When absent constraints, what format do users prefer?
In February 2023, librarians reprised the survey in order to see the effect six years and a pandemic had on book format use and preference among Haverford students and faculty.