What are citation-management tools and why should I use one?
Citation-management tools allow one to:
- Automatically create citations formatted in a number of standard citation syles: APA, MLA, Chicago, and so on
- Save citations for use in current and/or future assignments and other projects
- Organize citations into folders in order to customize bibliographies by topic or project
- Add notes and additional metadata to citations
- Share citations with others
- Store citations online and access them from multiple devices or locations
What is Endnote?
- Endnote is a Web-based reference organizer.
- Endnote allows one to:
- Collect references
- Organize references
- Create a formatted bibliography
- Collaborate with colleagues & students
While the librarians are always happy to answer your EndNote questions, there are many tutorials & instructional videos on the web. Just search "endnote web tutorial" on YouTube. (Make sure you are only viewing tutorials for EndNote "Web"). A couple good ones are below.
For more information, go to the Endnote HELP Table of Contents page.