Where can I view a video in the library?
Canaday 303, 305, 309:
- each carrel seats 2
- check out key to carrel and headphones from Circulation Desk
- multi-standard, region-free dvd/vcr ; 303 & 305 have Blu-Ray dvd players
- dvd/vcr available in the computer lab
- headphones check out from circulation desk
- dvd/vcr/projection in Collier Room 380, room may be booked ahead via sign-up sheet by door
- private room, seats 6
- check out key at Circulation Desk; book ahead on Tripod or use on walk-in basis when available
- multi-standard, region-free Blu-Ray dvd/vcr players
- flat panel TV
Check out from Canaday Circulation Desk; 4 day loan period.
- 8.5 inch screens
Several dvd players are available, including Blu-Ray and Region-Free models
VLC Media Player:
- All public lab computers have VLC Media Player. VLC will play most international DVDs.
Videos on Reserve in Canaday
Viewing Videos on Reserve in Canaday Library
Which videos are on reserve for my class?
- Go to http://tripodclassic.brynmawr.edu/search/r
- Search by your professor's name or the course name (i.e. Spanish 351).
- Videos will be listed with call numbers, and whether they currently available or checked out.
How do I check them out?
- Bring the call number of the video to the Canaday Circulation Desk.
- Reserve videos check out for 3 hours. They may be watched in the library (Canaday 311 is a group viewing room, ask for the key), or they may be taken back to your room.
- REMEMBER TO RETURN THE VIDEO ON TIME! Overdue fines are $1.00 per hour or portion thereof, and others may be waiting for the video.
Can I reserve a video ahead of time?
Yes! You can book a video for a specific time period.
- Look up the video in Tripod
- Select the “book this item” link under status.
- Sign in to your Tripod account (you may be asked for your barcode, which is on the front of your OneCard ID.)
- Select your preferred date and three hour time period.
- The video must be picked up within 15 minutes of the booking time. Please do not book a video if you will not be able to watch it during that time, as this may inconvenience others.
Arrange a group viewing!
Since there are a limited amount of videos on reserve, it’s a good idea (and more fun!) to view them with a group of classmates.
- Canaday has a Group Video Viewing Room in 311. Check out the key at the circulation desk.
- This room can be booked in advance by searching for “Canaday 311” in Tripod, and selecting the “book this item” button.
Questions? Ask at the Circulation Desk, or contact the Media Librarian, Arleen Zimmerle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Region Free and Blu-Ray
Region Free: Canaday viewing rooms and Carpenter classrooms contain region free dvd players.
Blu-Ray dvd players are available in Canaday 311, 303 & 305.
Portable Region Free & Blu-Ray dvd players are also available for check-out from the Canaday Circulation Desk.