Key Voices & Theories: Collections & Monographs
Selected Essays by Sylvia Wynter
- "Africa, The West and the Analogy of Culture," in Symbolic Narratives/African Cinema
- "Beyond the Categories of the Master Conception: The Counterdoctrine of the Jamesian Poiesis", in C.L.R. James's Caribbean.
- "Columbus and the Poetics of the Propter Nos," in Annals of Scholarship 8:2
- "A Different Kind of Creature," in Annals of Scholarship 12:1/2
- "The Eye of the Other" in Blacks in Hispanic Literature
- "'Genital Mutilation' or 'Symbolic Birth?'"
- "Is Development a Purely Emprical Concept, or also Teleological?," in Prospects for Recovery and Sustainable Development in Africa.
- "One-Love Rhetoric or Reality?"
- "The Pope Must Be Drunk, The King of Castile a Madman," in Reordering of Culture: Latin America.
- "Towards the Sociogenic Principle," in National Identities and Sociopolitical Changes in Latin America, pp. 30–66
- "What It's Like to Be Black," in National Identities and Sociopolitical Changes in Latin America, pp. 30–66