1. Install the plugin from Chrome Extensions
2. Navigate to the page you want to crawl
3. Select the green error and click “Generate WARC”
4. Open the WARC file in a text editor or Wayback for viewing
1. Install the plugin from Firefox Add-ons
2. Restart Firefox
3. Navigate to the page
4. Select the Adobe PDF icon
5. Download PDFs
Web archiving is the process of collecting portions of the World Wide Web to ensure the information is preserved in an archive for future researchers, historians, and the public. You can preserve your own websites through a variety of tools.
The Wayback Machine is a digital archive of the World Wide Web and other information on the Internet created by the Internet Archive. The service enables users to see archived versions of web pages across time, which the Archive calls a "three dimensional index." Type in a URL into "Save Page Now" to capture a web page.