1. Create your own search engine for a particular website using Google:
To search within a particular website, add the following "site:" statement to your search results.
2. Filter your Google search results by date updated:
On the search results page, click Tools > Any Time > select a time range
Example: Google search results for vaccinations lancet, limited to pages updated within the past year
3. Eliminate commonly associated search terms:
You can exclude search results that include certain words.
Research is a larger process of inquiry. Searching is how you find partial answers.
Keeping track of your searches:
- helps you make sense of your research process
- saves time by avoiding duplicated effort