Be sure you fully understand and follow the application guidelines and include all the materials requested in the correct format(s). Below is a list of materials typically requested with your application:
- Images: Your images are the most important part of your application. Make sure your work is well photographed. Hire a professional if necessary and team up with friends who need their work documented to save money.
- Image List: An image list typically includes the following information: your name, title of work,date, medium, dimensions.
- Artist Statement: Continue to update and rework your statement. It is important that your statement directly relates to the images you submit.
- CV: The CV should include your contact information including your website, education, exhibition history, grants and awards, a bibliography of reviews and where your work has been published. You can also include collections, commissions, and current gallery representation.
- Recommendations: It is important to contact anybody you want to ask for a recommendation early in the process. Make sure to provide enough time. Be organized. Make sure to send a complete package to your recommender that includes all form properly filled out, addressed and stamped envelopes, and a list with all the programs you are asking a recommendation for and the deadlines.