The most commonly used publication styles are created by the Modern Languages Association, the American Psychological Association, and the University of Chicago.
- APA: Style of the American Psychological Association. Commonly used in Social Science.
- MLA: Style of the Modern Language Association. Commonly used in Languages and Literatures.
- Chicago: Style set by University of Chicago. Commonly used in Humanities.
No matter what style your professor requests, a citation manager can help you organize and cite your sources, and so can a librarian.
Zotero: The Tri-College Libraries recommend Zotero, a free online app that can format your bibliography, keep your citations organized, and even save your articles in the cloud so you can access them later from the library, home, or a cafe.
- The Tri-College Guide to Zotero is here
- The Tri-College Guide to EndNote Web is here.
Any librarian will be happy to give your a tour or a few pointers of the software.