The resources here will provide you with scholarly studies and background for your annotated bibliography about the Odyssey.
When you select and read articles, be aware of the following issues:
- Expertise - What is the author's training? Has he or she published other material in this subject area?
- Audience - Who are the intended readers? Is it for the general public or for college students and researchers?
- Discipline Focus - What subject approach does the author take? Historical, religious, literary? If literary, is there a special interest in a particular kind of interpretation, such as linguistic, psychoanalytic or gendered?
- Documentation - Is there a bibliography for further reading? Are there titles there that are new to you?
- Date - If the article was published more than 10 years ago, can you find a more recent point-of-view?