Activate your New York Times account through Bryn Mawr:
Visit https://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/ and choose Bryn Mawr College. Follow steps based on whether you are on or off campus.
Use any email address (it doesn't need to be a brynmawr.edu address).
- Do not try to use your old Edupass login for the NYT; it no longer works. Use the link above.
- If creating an account doesn't work when you're off campus, come to campus and create your account while connected to the Bryn Mawr network. (Remember that you cannot be connected to the VPN and use the library proxy server at the same time. Log out of the VPN before trying to create your account.)
- If you have an existing account with the email address you want to use, make sure that you choose "Already have an account? Log in here" (below "Create Account").
- Clear your browser cache if you get stuck on a screen.
- If you have a paid account, you must cancel your paid subscription before you can authenticate to your new Bryn Mawr account.
- Once you've created your account, if you're not taken to the Times, go to nytimes.com and log in (upper right corner)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into problems.
Student passes are valid up to your graduation year. Faculty and staff passes are valid for four years. After expiration, you will need to renew their passes in the same way you created it.
Your academic pass will cover all news content, but does not provide access to some New York Times extras like the games or the cooking app.