Installing the application:
- Visit the Zotero Download page
- Click "Download Zotero for [your operating system]" Zotero is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Once the download is complete, open the setup file and follow the instructions
- After installation, Zotero will be available as an application on your computer
What are browser extensions?
- The browser extensions allow Zotero to scrape bibliographic metadata from a website with a single click, making it easy to quickly save citations to your Zotero library.
- Each browser has its own version of the extension.
Word Processor Plugin
- Word processor plugins let your word processor (MS Word, LibreOffice/OpenOffice/NeoOffice) communicate with your Zotero library while your write, allowing you to quickly insert citations into your document and automatically generate a biliography.
- The word processor plugin appears as a toolbar in Microsoft Word. In some versions, the Zotero toolbar is located in the "Add-Ins" tab