Paper / Physical Documents
- Housed in Swarthmore's McCabe Library (Lower Level), Bryn Mawr's Canaday and Collier Libraries, and Haverford's Magill Library
- Organized on shelves based on which government agency/entity created the document. (This is called the Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) classification, an alternative to Library of Congress or Dewey Decimal Classification.)
- Find links in Tripod and databases listed on this Research Guide.
- Swarthmore College receives regular shipments of Pennsylvania state documents.
- These are shelved on the Lower Level of McCabe Library in the government documents section, before the U.S. documents, according to the Pennsylvania Documents (Penn Docs) classification system.
- We collect selected United Nations documents, British Parliamentary documents, and international governmental organization documents. These are shelved in the regular stacks of McCabe Library according to Library of Congress call numbers.
- The Tri-College Consortium subscribes to the United Nations Official Records, housed at Bryn Mawr's Canaday Library.
- To find United Nations information online, search the UN's Official Document System (ODS) or the United Nations Bibliographic Information System (UNBISnet).