Chronicle of Higher Education
Use your Brynmawr.edu email address to set up a personal account.
Academe Today is the daily update email from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Wall Street Journal
New York Times Online
Access The New York Times anytime, anywhere for free by visiting https://myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass and registering with your Bryn Mawr College email address to claim a 24 hour pass.
Once your pass has expired, return to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass and log in as a returning user to claim a new pass.
For more information, see our blog post.
Newspapers Around the World
Ancestry Library Edition
Quita's Corner - Popular Reading
Located on Canaday's first floor.
- Popular bestsellers, literary fiction, science fiction, mysteries, graphic novels and more!
- Books check out for one year to staff. All books are listed in Tripod, the library's catalog.
- Popular books are also available in the Quita Woodward Room in Thomas.
- Don't see what you want? Email your suggestions to library@bmc.
- Take a break with Popular Magazines and Newspapers, shelved next to Quita's Corner.
Stream documentaries, feature films, dance performances, and opera from off campus.
For a complete list, see Streaming Video Resources.
Thousands of DVDs are available through the TriCo libraries!
- Feature films, TV shows and documentaries
- DVDs check out for one week, check out up to 10 at a time
- DVDs at Bryn Mawr are shelved on Floor A
- DVDs at Haverford and Swarthmore can be delivered to a BMC circulation desk, by selecting the "request" link in Tripod. You'll receive an email confirming the delivery.
Getting Books from Other Libraries
Learn new software skills!
Lynda.com is a leading online learning tool that offers thousands of high-quality video courses in software, business, and creative skills for helping Bryn Mawr community members achieve personal and professional goals and meet just-in time training needs.
It includes courses on Adobe and Microsoft applications, SPSS, educational technology, web design, computer programming, project management, and much more.
All current Bryn Mawr College faculty, staff and students have unlimited, 24/7 access to lynda.com's entire library of content.
For additional information and instructions for logging in, visit http://is.blogs.brynmawr.edu/?p=5302.