Use TRIPOD to find books and other material owned by the Tri-College libraries.
In order to find books in TRIPOD, conduct a relevant:
- "Black Arts" AND national* [Title keyword]
- "Ntozake Shange" [Title Keyword]
- ("african american" OR black) AND poet* AND identity [Keyword]
- "black power" AND (literature OR poetry OR art OR music) [Keyword]
(For more information on how to construct keyword searches See the Search Tips tab)
Or Subject Search:
- Black Arts movement
- Black nationalism in literature
- Black nationalism (full list)
- American literature African American authors History and criticism
- Everett, Percival (full list)
Beyond the Tri-College Collections
If you are interested in a book not owned by the Tri-College Libraries, you should first turn to E-ZBorrow, which gives you access to book collections at a number of local colleges and universities. It usually takes about three days for E-Z Borrow books to arrive.
Books not available through E-Z borrow can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan (ILL), and will arrive, once you submit the form, in as little as four to five days.
To get bibliographic information on books not owned by the Tri-College Libraries, you can turn to WorldCat. This is a combined library catalog containing more than 179 million records describing items owned by libraries around the world. Many of these titles are available to you though interlibrary loan.