Using Web of Science
Do you need to find scholarly articles on a particular topic?
Try searching Web of Science, an important and useful database that will help you find scholarly articles written in journals from a number of subjects, including the sciences and social sciences.
This guide will teach you how to:
- Search Web of Science to find scholarly articles
- Narrow or expand your search results
- Find highly cited articles on your topic
- Find key authors and journals on your topic
- Store citations using EndNote
Using the Web of Science Core Collection, enter your search terms in the search box. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use quotations to search a phrase such as "climate change".
- Use an asterisk if you would like to truncate a term. For example rain* will pick up rain, raining, rainbow or any other words with rain as it's root.
- Select +Add Another Field to add more search terms
You can also limit your search results by date.
Use the dropdown button to select your search options.