Question the Cloud Umbrella Raffle
Participate in Data Privacy Month initiatives and be entered to win an official "Question the Cloud" umbrella, courtesy of LITS! 50 umbrellas are up for grabs.
- Limit one umbrella per Bryn Mawr College community member
You can earn entries in the following ways:
1) Complete Data Privacy Quizzes. Each correct quiz answer will earn you 1 raffle entry.
2) Attend the discussion and screening of Terms and Conditions May Apply (5 raffle entries)
3) Send a Data Privacy Postcard to a friend/colleague (1 entry). Limit 1 postcard entry per community member, though you can send as many postcards as you'd like!
The drawing will occur at the conclusion of the month and winners will be notified via email.
Question the Cloud Quizzes!
Data Privacy Month 2015: Question the Cloud!
During Data Privacy Month, Information Services encourages all community members to think about your use of “the cloud” as it refers to cloud computing services such as Google Drive, Flickr, or commercial webmail services such as Hotmail or Yahoo, but also as a metaphor for the internet in general. Who has your data? Why do they have it? How are they permitted to use it?
Data Privacy Month Events and Educational Opportunities
Special Film Screening: Terms and Conditions May Apply
When did you last read the fine print? Terms and Conditions May Apply is a documentary that exposes what corporations and governments learn about people through the internet and cell phone usage, and the verbose user agreements that often contain terms and conditions that permit this behavior. View the trailer here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/tacma/75993946
- What? Full screening with brief discussion to follow w/ special guest Amy Pearlman, Director of Client Services and IT Procurement
- When? Thursday, February 19th from 4:30 - 6pm
- Where? Thomas 110
- Who's invited? This screening is free and open to the public
Question the Cloud Quizzes
Two rounds of quizzes will be available to all Bryn Mawr College community members focusing on data privacy, cloud computing, and general information security topics. Each question that is answered correctly will gain you one entry in the "Question the Cloud Umbrella Raffle!" More details will be released soon!
- Quiz 1 -- to be released Monday, February 9th
- Quiz 2 -- to be released Monday, February 23rd
Both quizzes will be closed at midnight on Saturday, February 28th.
Data Privacy Postcards
Send your classmates/colleagues a Data Privacy Postcard! Choose from a variety of postcards, each with a Data Privacy Month tip or fact.
Postcards will be available at the Information Desk in the Campus Center from Monday, February 16th until Friday, February 20th.
Learn via Social Media
Each day during Data Privacy Month, the BMCLibraries Facebook and Twitter accounts will be posting a new Information Security-related tip or resource. Like and Follow us to make sure you don’t miss a post!